Saturday, May 30, 2009

Attributes

I have been having this thought that has been going through my head lately: God is made up of attributes; we see God in the world by seeing the attributes in the world that He is made of and that the world is made of. This is talked about in Romans 1:20, "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse."

An example, when we see the attribute of truth or integrity in someone, we see the God who created us in those same attributes. We should not be looking for a physical God. God is not physical, He is spirit. He is made of attributes and characteristics, and those are the things that we should look for. When we see a loving relationship between people, with a love that is Christ like, we see God through that love. Love is an attribute of God because God is love; therefore when we see love we see God. The same idea goes for truth, justice, peace, and those other attributes. 

This is just one of the things that I have learned. I believe that some of this is resulting from the 60-60 experiment, and having a lot more interaction with God. Either way it is really exciting to be learning new things about God and who He is.

On a slightly different note: I'll be heading up to camp tomorrow for another 2-3 weeks before I come back home. Hopefully the staff computer will be up and I'll be able to up update without using my phone, otherwise they will just be shorter updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.