I was hit with an interesting thought the other day - the other day being yesterday. Relationships might not be all that easy or fun, it might require some work on my part. Up until now the relationship has very nicely fallen into place. I have had to do very little or at least no hard work to get it where it is now. I tell you what though, it isn't always that way. I knew this before, but I had little experience with it before now. It wasn't even that bad, I was just tired and all kinds of selfishness came out of me. I wasn't thinking about Rachel or others, just because I was tired and a little stressed.
I thank God for this though, it is good practice to when things get tougher. I would much rather work my way up to a real hard experience to be selfless, than to start there. I think that it is so amazing to know that God is preparing me for harder situations by using these smaller ones. All I have to do is learn from these small ones and the big ones that are coming won't even seem that bad.
This isn't the only time that this situation has happened. God has used small things before to prepare me for big things to come. This is another reason not to complain or grumble about the trials and events that life gives us, because really they are helpful for growth if we learn from them. That is why we can count it as joy when we fall into trials, as James says, because the trials that test us help us to grow to be complete.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.