Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bair, the Ram

since I am at Rachel's house I thought I would try and help out around the ranch. They take care of 20 different animals. They have sheep, rams, dogs, cats, goats, and two buffalo. Since there are so few animals it is easy to get to know them and get attached. While I was here one of their rams died. It wasn't attacked or sick, it just died.

When Rachel's dad and I went to bury the ram he said this, "I think if people had to watch their favorite animals die all the time I don't think they would sin as much, and the would see the value of Christ sacrifice."

Christ is the lamb of God. We are Christ' sheep. Both struck me. God care for and loved Christ and yet had to watch him die, for our sins no less. We are Christ' sheep and we don't have to die, because Christ the true lamb of God already did.

Happy new year!
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.