Greetings, today is the start of the second week of classes. First week went really well, I got lots of work hours in before all the homework gets piled on. I am think that I will enjoy most of my classes this semester. One or two of them sound like they might be difficult, but regardless of their difficulties I will do my best to learn from them.
I have a roommate this semester, his name is Chris. He is a cool guy, real easy going and considerate. I look forward to the semester building that relationship.
Yesterday Rachel and I asked about working in the youth group. We're working toward getting more involved at the church we are at, and youth group seemed like a logical choice. The youth guy sent me an email last night with some questions that I answered this morning. I'll know by Wednesday what the deal is with that, hopefully I will start going on Wednesday nights. I am kind of intimidated by the idea, I have never worked in a youth group before, and know I am working in one with kids that I have never met before.
The one thing Dan, the youth guy, said is "if you are going to start coming to youth group, you have to commit." I know that I would go every time and would rarely miss, but just being asked that question was difficult. It is a scary question to be asked about something that you have never done before. It is the nature order of things though; commit to the church, commit to the people, now commit to working with the people.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.