Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bike and swim

I rode my bike to church today as I normally do. I didn't have any problems other than my tires being low on air, but that was on the way there. As soon as church was over it started to rain; not just rain, but poured! Everything was try and then before I knew it there was puddles everywhere from the rain. I waited out the major storm at some friends house, but I still ended up riding in the rain. All ten wonderfully wet miles.

By the time that I made it back to campus I was ringing out my nylon shirt. I was basically swimming and biking at the same time, it was so wet. [note: rain at 25mph hurts more than you would think] The good news was that I wasn't dehydrated when I got back.

I need to get a tool set so I can tear apart my bike and get it cleaned out. I have ridden twice now in the rain and have not had the chance to clean the thing yet. Poor bike.

Other than that not a whole lot has been going on lately. I have gone running a few different times, not that far though. I tried to go swimming the other day, but found out rather quickly that I am not a good swimmer. I didn't drowned or anything, but I wasn't able to swim as far as I would have liked. I guess it will just take some time and practice. I don't think it helped that I have to bike 10 miles to go swimming either.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.