Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bike Maintenance

Today is the day that I decided to do some much needed maintenance on my 20+ year old bike. Since I have no idea when the last time anything was done to that bike I figured it would be a good idea. Another, what I thought to be, good idea was to do this outside. It is 80 and sunny, what a better day to be outside and working on my bike. I figured nothing could happen differently than if I were inside except maybe a sunburn.

Then I dropped a barring to my fount wheel in the grass! That is the difference right there. What am I going to do? "I need all the barrings and I need them today" I thought to myself. Then I remembered that I threw away a junk wheel from another bike the other day. The next thing I knew I was in a dumpster pulling out a wheel off an old huffy. Praise God that the barrings were the same size. I was very thankful; still mad that I lost one though.

The back wheel went a lot easier than the front did. I wasn't able to the cassette off, but I was able to work around it, so that worked out. I am a bit angry that my tool designed for that did not work. oh well.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.