I have a brother in biology as his field of study. Currently he is working as a tutor for an anatomy lab dealing with body structure, function and overall make up. I would hate to break it to him, but the body of Christ is far more interesting in my book. I understand why the illustration is made from the body, it is the only thing that might compare.
The body of Christ, the church - believers, Amazing and wonderful. I am a part and have experienced this crazy complex thing called the body. I have been... I am hurt and discouraged, yet I walk through those doors and I am greeted and loved. I am cared for and watched over. I am part of the body.
I experienced this "body" today when I was asked how my parents are doing. I experienced this when I was handed a envelop that would get me back to school even though the person had no idea that I needed it.
The best part about the body of Christ is that there is no human head, Christ is the Head. We are just the members and the parts. Christ is the head, and the holy spirit almost works as the nervous system or the blood - communicating with all the members regarding how to function as a body. The holy spirit worked to provide the means to get back to school by knowing my needs and by knowing others resources while neither of us knew anything at all.
wonderful, amazing, body.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.