Hello Everyone,
I wish there was a way to take you through my week and what I have been learning, because there is no way that I could possibly explain or retell what has gone through my mind this week. Some really high ups at the beginning of the week and just today a hit a low only to hit a high a few hours later.
I would be sitting in class trying to grasp the concepts present to me, but would only get confused and would begin to doubt what I believed. It was a theology class that I was sitting through when this confusion hit me, and I really had to think about what I believed to be true and why I believed it. As I struggled through the rest of class I thought that it would be a good idea to talk with one of my professor on the subject. He has an understanding of what the bible is trying to say rather than all the mess we make of it. He is able to look at the big picture of what is going on and help me to do the same. I still have to deal with the problem that I was presented with in class today and think through what I believe and why I believe it, but I have a better understanding now that I have talked with one of my professors.
For those reading, I encourage you to think about what you hold to be true, and consider why you believe it. I know that is something that I will be doing.
Another crazy thing on my mind is this: I have been presented with the chance to go to South Africa for next semester (Jan-June). A professor here at school told me of the opportunity and I have been thinking about it the last two weeks. By the nature of the opportunity, I have to decide fairly soon whether or not I will take him up on it. It would be for 6 months where I would be over looking a ministry that they have down there. I would get to teach and work with kids, among other things. It is a great chance for me to travel and do something I have never done before, but at the same time I am very nervous about going through with it.
If I were to decide to go, it would mean raising support to be over there, which I would have to start doing in the next two weeks, and any other planing that would be required for someone to leave the country for 6 months. I am praying about this, and I would appreciate yours as well.
Well, I think that the best way to tell you about my week is to simply walk through it day by day.
Saturday Rachel and I will be heading down to the bike exchange in Allentown first thing in the morning. She wanted to get me something for my birthday and thought that letting me buy something would be a good idea. I would agree.
After that I have a bunch of work to do for some people off campus; mostly yard work of some kind. I would like to have some people help me so I can get it done faster, but we'll have to see what happens. Even though the only other thing is church I have a fairly busy weekend for school, so I might have to ask others for help just to get it done at all. The other thing that needs to happen this weekend is advertisement for the youth event that I am helping with in a few weeks. Posters really need to be put up soon.
Monday is class as normal with a twist for the evening. We start set up for our bible conference right after dinner. We have a ton of set up to get ready for the conference that starts Tuesday morning making for a longer night than normal. Other wise I believe that Monday is the only normal day of this next week.
Tuesday is day of prayer. A day set apart for the purpose of prayer and bring before God our anxious thoughts or even daily concerns. This semester I have a lot on my mind, many circumstances that I feel like talking to God about. If you have anything that you would like me to pray for, let me know.
Some of my concerns that you could pray for:
Youth group event on the 16th
I have a big decision that I need to make within the next two weeks about going to South Africa for next semester
Rachel and I as we continue to pursue our relationship with each other
For me to find the truth for the questions that I am asking myself.
Stuff going on at home with some of our rentals, businesses, etc.
On top of everything I have a heavy load of school work that needs my attention most of the time.
Wednesday is youth group day. Though we have seen lots of improvement from the teens, there is still a lot of work to do with the relationships that we have. There is an equal amount of work to be done with the leaders at the youth group, we are still very dis-unified. I do not see any of us working to a single direction and because of that it limits our effectiveness.
Meanwhile... Bible conference is continuing...
Thursday from what I can tell is a fairly normal day. Almost empty of anything scheduled. I have sessions that I have in the morning and work in the evening, otherwise I think that day is completely open. I think I will take a nap.
Friday is a big day! We have a comedy group coming in and an illusionist to do a magic show for the whole campus and anyone else who wants to come. We watched a preview today, it was pretty good and I can hardly wait. What that means for me is that I will be helping set up and tear down. We get to tear everything down friday night after everything is down, making for a very long night.
And that is my week from my perspective. Who knows what God will accually do with my 168 hours, but it is completely up to Him.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.