Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 11th 2010

Time for another update:

I would like to say that things are going well, but that would be dishonest or at least misleading. The truth is that school right now is very rough, I am loaded down with tons of homework and it seems like it just won't end. I keep thinking to myself that if I can just get through this next week then I will be okay. I think I have said that now for four or five weeks now. Thanksgiving does look promising though. The only major thing that I have right after thanksgiving is a preaching assignment, which although a pain in terms of timing, shouldn't be too bad.

Another thing that I am concerned with is some of my friends in other classes. I don't like to see them struggle and so I help them. I personally see it more important to help others then to get a good grade in class or even pass a class. At least that is what I have come to conclude this semester, that people are more important then a piece of paper.

I went to the financial office today to talk about what I am going to do for next semester, and they seemed okay with me not having a whole lot of money. They have seen my record for paying and would be able to work with me for next semester without to much problem. For that I am very thankful. I am still in need of work to pay for my schooling come next semester, or money, whichever works. My experience is that you have to work for money, and I am willing to do that.

speaking of parties, I am trying to decide when to get out west. I think that I will spend a week back home with the family before I head out there. I would like to see them more often than once a year, and this would be the chance to do that. Then I would probably go again for spring break. That way I would spend half my time out west and half out east, just seems fair. But I need to act on that soon, because price of tickets is going up and quick. Might do that tonight after I finish most of my homework.

My homework for the next week consist of: two books with reports (I have one done already), sermon preparation, two theology quizzes and a class project... all due by this time next week. The biggest problem that I run into is sleep now. I just can't seem to get enough of it.

The biggest concern that I have right now is how unimportant God has become in my day to day life. I know that I need to spend time reading and praying, but I can't seem to find any. I understand that this is much like any other relationship, in order for it to work time and energy must be given to it, but for the next two weeks that is going to be short. I did decide that I am going to try harder to have that prayer time. After all, God is the only one that can truly change the situations in my life, I might as well talk to him about it. God has done some wonderful things for me in the past, at least released some stress, I can have that same hope in him now also.

For those that don't now, I have decided not to go to south Africa next semester. It was getting to be too much too fast for me, and I had other things that I needed to work on that were getting pushed aside. I might consider it again another time when I am more prepared, but not now... way to much for me.

In brief what to pray for:
  • Homework load until thanksgiving, there is an over-whelming amount.
  • Financial situation, that I could either find a pot of gold or some more work
  • My friends who are struggling with classes - I want to help, but I am struggling myself.
  • Flight out west, that I would find cheap tickets.
  • Time with family over the next breaks, I want to spend more time with them.
  • That I would have time to work on my relationships, both with God and with Rachel. I seem to be lacking in both of them right now.
  • Rachel as she decides what she is doing next semester, she tends to take on more than she needs to.
Thank you so much. From someone who has a hard time praying himself, your prayers are very appreciated!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.