My dad's email to us kids:
Audrey and I have agreed to suspend the divorce process. We are returning to the marriage counselor we had seen in the past. We both have expressed the desire to work on the marriage instead of the divorce. I realize this still may not resolve the problems but I am willing to make the effort. I stated when served that I was not willing to seek help, while Audrey did. I have reconsidered and believe now that the continuation of this marriage is in the best interests of Audrey, our children and myself.
I used the word suspend, for now, knowing that we may find through the counseling, divorce is the best the solution. If that becomes apparent then we can pick up where we left off with the minimal amount of time. We do not want to pursue any further discovery or discuss property settlements at this time. We intend to spend time, energy and money on preserving our marriage.
Please advise what – if anything – needs to be done, now.
My responds to the letter:
Hey Dad,
I love you and I will support any choice that you make. As your son I will honor you and respect you and I will stand by you whenever and wherever. I do not and cannot fully understand the depth of your side of this but I know that it cannot be easy. I have talked with Dara Leah and Shanyne a little bit and they both love you dearly if you did not already know. We want you to be happy and to have a life, and if that means getting a divorce we will support you.
I love mom too, but I also understand that she is not all there and she needs help desperately. I cannot trust her or even talk with her without hearing lies and deceit. It is messed up - that much I do know. I am praying for you and the situation.
I am sorry that I cannot be there, I am trying my best to honor you and finish school, I would much rather be home helping everyone through this then here.
I also want you to know that God and the church are the only reason that us younger ones have been able to hold on as long as we have. The truth that God has saved us for heaven and this world is not the end is the only reason we can keep going. I pray that you might also understand that and have a hope to hold onto. Don't feel pressured, but know that you are loved.
I love you Dad
~Your son, Jeremy
There is much that has conspired over the last week or even the last few days, but I could right a rather lengthy report about that - which I don't have time for. The gist of it is that Mom has lost it once or twice toward my sisters, the older of the two defended the younger and is no longer on good terms with mom. The email says they have "agreed" on something but you must understand that they haven't agreed on anything in the last 20 years. It only means that mom have convinced my Dad to give it so she doesn't make his life worse. Our prayer at this point is that my parents come to know the lord and that my sisters are protected through this. This is more a spiritual war than a physical one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.