I don't really understand where that expression comes from, "sick as a dog", I don't know of too many dogs getting sick. Not sick enough to have an expression coined after them at least. Regardless of the expression, I have been incredibly ill the last 36 hours, sick enough to use an expression that doesn't really make since, "sick as a dog." (Maybe I will ask my sister who watches dogs to find what that expression means)
The kids around the house had been sick that last few days but I didn't think to much of it. Rachel and I cleaned up once mess, but we both stayed clean - washing hands and all. It wasn't until the new years all-nighter that I started to feel ill. Two hours of sleep and junk food will do that to you though. As soon as I woke up from my nap I threw up and then again through out the day. Soon after I threw up the first time Rachel joined the party. Before we knew it we had made an infirmary out of the living room. It was miserable. All day yesterday and into today. Rachel is still not feeling well and neither of us have eaten yet.
While I was throwing up and "sick as a dog" my brain was engaged, even when my body is barely working my brain at times was still running full speed. This thought ran across my mind: why doesn't my spiritual body have this kind of reaction to sin or fleshly desires? Why doesn't my entire body cringe under the infection of sin? I prayed that God would empty my body of sin like my body is trying to empty itself of sickness.
Anyways... that is what I was thinking when I was throwing up yesterday.
Christmas out here in NM went well all things considered. I flew in Christmas eve and was met by Rachel, her sister and her Dad - a very warm welcome. We waited around for another guy coming in, then we went to Rachel's house. Built the classic tumbleweed Christmas tree and loaded it with presents then went off to bed. Woke up Christmas morning and made breakfast for the family and then opened presents. I got a new red hat, a jacket, a calendar and a farmers almanac. It was a good time all-round.
Since Christmas I have built a shelter for the animals, watched a few movies, and read a few chapters from books. The shelter was built just in time for the cold snap that came. Even though I had never built one before it turned out good. Good and strong. Finally watched Inception, not as good as I had heard, but still very good movie. Also watched How to Train Your Dragon - also a good movie. A kid movie for sure, but we watched it with kids so it all worked out.
Other than that not a whole lot is happening, just louging around and sleeping.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.