I got another email from my Dad, which I am very thankful. I was kind of getting worried that I scared him or made him upset by telling him what books to read or something to that extent. He wrote back this morning wondering what I have heard about this internship that I applied for and whether I will get the position or not. I personally won't know for a while.
Also, I picked up in his email that he is becoming more discerning about what is biblical or not. He looks to see if things are based off of scripture or not, which is a good start considering where he is coming from. I praise God that he is even reading books about marriage, and now biblical ones is amazing. The book that he is reading now looks to be very solid when it comes to biblical support - much better than some of his other books that I have heard he is reading. The next step is getting him, and hopefully my mom to start reading the bible, that is what truly changes people - the word of God.
Rachel asked me today if my parents knew about this blog, at which I had to think that they really did not. I have shown them before, but they always seem to forget or have other things the keep track of to read. This lead to another thought, that my parents might not appreciate me sharing letters and emails of what is going on. So from this point I probably won't share as many letters unless I feel it is okay content.
Some friends and I have started something here on campus, pray that it grows. We are trying to fight against the complacency and push people to do something more than study the bible. We want to get people moving! If you want to know how it is going you will probably have to ask, because I don't think that I will remember to update about that on here.
Later
Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas is excellent. Authentic Faith by Gary Thomas is also a really good book, although it's not specifically related to marriage. Love & Respect by the Eggerichs is pretty good. God, Marriage, and Family by Andreas Kostenberger is a bigger book and a little more complicated to read...but it's a GREAT book on those subjects.
ReplyDelete