Since most of the readers of this blog know about Rachel, I asked her to give an update:
It is incredible to see God at work in the human heart. As I type this post for Jeremy's blog, I am amazed at the difference between my attitude from Friday, May 13 and the one I have presently today (Friday, May 27). Two weeks ago, I was extremely caught up with what the future would look like for Jeremy & I. (While he continues to serve as an intern for a church in Ohio, I will be working for summer camps and completing my last year of school at BBC.) My mind was filled with worry as I thought about the strain of being apart for a year. Thoughts like these kept plaguing me: "Communication can be difficult when we are together, how are we going to do this when are 400 miles apart?" "I don't mind good-byes as much when I am the one going off to try something new, but I hate being the one left behind." When Jeremy came up to see me the week before he left, I had trouble enjoying spending time with him. These doubts choked out most of the joy of being with him for one of the last times. I was so caught up with the future that I wound up damaging what we could have enjoyed in the present.
Thankfully, that's not the end of the story because God is merciful. He didn't leave me to wallow in self-pity and worry for long. The day before Jeremy left for Ohio, he came to visit again. We had a wonderful time that evening as we dug through some memories from the past (literally!) The next morning, Jeremy made us breakfast, we prayed and then he left. I was amazed at the peace God had given me. I had been expecting His grace to show up the previous week, but He provided it exactly when I needed it most!
This incident has reminded me that I can trust God to carry out His plan in His timing. This wasn't the first time I had to learn that lesson, and I am sure that it will not be the last. But for now... I will focus on the present and leave the future up to HimThat is news from Rachel. Have a great day y'all (for those of you down south)
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.