I have written so much about the last two weeks already, but there is still more to be said. Every time that I write something, I remember something else. Each new person I write to involves a different perspective that I didn't think of before.
Right now the biggest thing I my mind is being content. I don't have a job yet, and not a whole lot has started at the internship. This makes me restless and worried. I feel like I have to do something, but there is nothing to do. I believe that God is teaching me to wait on him and be content for now. It is hard because without an income I will be broke soon, yet this is what I believe God has given me to do.
I didn't think that being into ministry or a internship in my case would be so drastically different from Bible College. I thought that I would be prepared and a help to those around me. I believed that all my training at school would set me up.College was incredibly valuable, don't get me wrong, but everything I thought would be important hasn't even been mentioned. What has been used the most is all the subjects that I probably should have pay more attention too. A friend of mine faced the same thing when he went to China for his internship, being over educated and under prepared. Both he and I have taken all the classes we needed, but we never expected that every single thing would be used. I didn't really think that I would use my computer class my first day on the job in ministry
God uses our weaknesses to reveal His strengths. The best place He would have me is when I am unable to do anything on my own. If I had what is necessary for ministry it would lead to pride, which it has in some cases. When I have no idea what is going on, and I have nothing to bring to the table of ministry it leads to nothing other than humility.
I hope and pray that God would use me.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.