I have now been an Intern here at church for 3 weeks. At times it feels much longer than that, other times I feel like I just got here. I have made some good friends already and expect to make many more. I have had at least one stressful weekend since getting here, but I hardly think it will be my last. This is the summer where everything is relaxed. I can't imagine what the fall school year is going to look like. High tension, lots of pressure, multiple events, planing. It can become very stressful.
We interviewed another guy for the internship over the weekend. Another Bible college student from the college I came from. He graduated the spring that I came in and has been in ministry situations ever since. He is very different from me, nearly opposite in every way. Even the intern director, Rick, laughed at how vastly different the two of us are. He has all the qualities that I don't, nor does he have the qualities that I have. We complement each other nicely. The problem is we hit-heads. hard.
I don't get annoyed easily. It times a really really long time for me to get upset at just about anything. I am more likely to break down and cry before I get angry at someone. Yet this guy is able to get under my skin in a matter of minutes. I honestly didn't know that anyone could do that to me without even trying.
Even though we hit-heads, he is exactly what I would need to make this internship more profitable. I heard about the previous interns, how the fought and argued and grew from it, I knew that would be something unlikely for me to experience. At the time I couldn't think of anyone that would provide that kind of environment for me. That changed. I believe that this potential intern is exactly what I would hate the most, and would also probably be the most help to me. We'll see what happens I guess.
The fundraiser went okay this weekend. Not nearly as well as we were hoping for of course. Had a few miscalculations or unexpected situations come up that cost us some income. In the end we made a large profit and had a chance to interact with the community around us and with different students involved. I would say in the end a success on various levels. Today we're talking over possible changes for next year and review what went well this year.
Blessings
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.