It is hard to believe that it has already been 5 weeks since I arrived out here. I feel like I just left PA not more than a week or two ago. Yet here I am, fending for myself out in this crazy place called Ohio. Granted it has some nice parts, but I would rather be lost in the woods. People are so stressed out here, and everyone is in a hurry to go no where. Also, a lot of younger people spend their money on things that I would deem unimportant, or useless. It is a strange culture out here in Ohio, but I suppose someone has to live here. As for ministry, boy do people need Jesus (Just kidding, but seriously).
One of the biggest things that I am facing now is being alone. I know I have people around me all the time and I would in a office with other people, but I still don't have any close friends or people to hang out with regularly. It is still very possible for me to spend the weekend alone - especially since kyle is gone most weekends. I am alone, but not lonely. There is a difference.
I heard something the other day that made a take comfort in being alone. A preacher said that Christ spent a lot of time being alone. He was rejected and always on the move. I am sure that he felt alone even with people around. And I am supposed to follow Christ, which means that I might spend sometime alone.
I suppose that is all I have to update about this week. Not a whole lot is going on right now. But I sure wish there would be another intern out here with me. Make the time go by faster if anything.
Blessings
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.