Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pride before the fall

Long story short, I was showing off on my bike and then I crashed.
Pride before the fall.

I got some pretty sweet cuts and bruises, they feel far worse then they look - especially when it came time to wash them out!

I worked this weekend. Granted it was with a temp agency, but it was still work. I can work as much or as little as I want with them and they are flexible about when thing come up last minute. The down side is that I drove nearly 100 miles going to and from the locations they had for me and they only pay minimum wage. The good new is that I still made a little bit of profit from the deal. The better new is that I took a job 5 miles from were I am staying and they will pay me a little more then minimum, they said they would give me a raise, and I start tomorrow! I am looking forward to getting into a routine with work again. I mostly look forward to having some money so I can get Rachel something. That would be nice.

I have to be very careful that I continue to trust God to provide for me. I can see myself very easily falling into the trap of independence from God. But something that I have been reminded of even today is that I need to daily surrender my life and my will to God. The Christian faith was started by Christ surrender, and it is lived out by daily surrendering our lives to Christ. I once though that being a Christian in America was easy, I know am beginning to understand that is far harder than I realize. To give up control that is so easy to hold onto. To surrender power that is quickly gained. To lose my "wonderful" life that is so highly sought after. I don't see anything easy about that after I think about it. The flesh hates to surrender! The Spirit needs our surrender!

Sports camp start tomorrow. Rumor has it that nearly a thousand kids will come through the doors at church. Our hope and prayer is that they will meet strong Christians and possibly has some conversations they could change their life. Camp is all day, all week.

When someone says they would rather be with no one else, it is hard not to miss them.

Blessings,
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.