This weekend Pastor Chad talked about passing the baton. He says, when we were born we were all given a baton to carry. Some of us got good ones, others of us not the case. But we all carry something. A series or characteristics, attributes, abilities, traits, something. Some good, some bad. Ideally, we would have all been handed a Baton of Godliness and we would all hand off a Baton of Godliness, but I know for a least me that isn't true. I was handed a Baton of selfishness and greed, with characteristics like workaholic, never satisfied, legalist, independence and so many other. As the Bible says, we (myself included) have been born children of wrath and are due to be objects of God's wrath. But God doesn't stop there.
God gives us an option to pass off our Baton and pick up a new and better Baton. Isaiah the prophet wrote:
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.Through Jesus Christ God has given us the chance to pass off the Baton we have and receive the Baton that Christ is carrying. A Baton of Righteousness and dependency on God. A Baton that guarantees victory and life in abundance. But just like in a relay race, the time we have to make the switch is limited and passing quickly (our own life). And for those that have already made that pass, it is our job to pass it on to the next generation, to leave a legacy of Godliness for generations to come.
---------------
I'll be completely honest, there are days that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I don't know where I am going, or even who I am at times. Life overwhelms me and I am lost again. I want to cry like the kid I used to be. When I get here I just sit and have no idea what to do next... what can I do. I don't even know where I am in this massive thing called life. I know that I am not alone in this, other people surely experience this, at least once in their life. As I sit here typing, I have two options that I can take. First, I could try and push myself through it and "look on the bright-side" the self-help approach. Option two, realize that I am lost, acknowledge my childlike state, stop pretending and wake up to reality that I really do have no idea what is going on. Cry out to God who is the author of what is going on. Depend on Him for life and direction, because I feel dead and lost.
Like a child though, I don't want to! But that is probably the one thing that I need to do.
Blessings from a pilgrim
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.