I think that I need to start posting more than once a week. So much happens during a week that it is hard to remember at the end of the week what all happened and when. But I also realize that if I posted more that I would get over whelm thinking that I need to report everything that happens, but I don't think that is true. If I just hit on the big things from the week, kind of like an overview, it is better for me. Helps me see what the big picture of the week is.
It was Sam's birthday on Thursday. It made her day that I would remember her birthday. It also provided a chance for me to make a connection since I haven't worked with her in a long time. I didn't work last weekend and I didn't work this weekend either. I wish there was a way that I could work with her and have conversations without having to work on the weekend. It just isn't practical to keep working up in the city - cost just as much as I make up there. So I am starting to work closer to home and be able to keep more of the money that I make.
At the new place that I am working there are mostly students. High school or just graduated in the last year or so. I am excited to see what will come of the relationships that I build there. I have already, as you know, been invited to another church and had conversations about what I believe and what he believes. I hope to build more relationships too. That would be one of the advantages of this new job - more relationships. Pray that I would be wise in my decision making about taking a new job and building new relationships. I don't want to forget relationships made in the past.
I got a message back from one of the moms about starting Epic back up, an after school Bible study for those that don't go to church or don't have time. I think that she said it is starting back up next Tuesday. Hopefully she means the 11th, because I have work this Tuesday and wouldn't be able to make it. Whatever the case, this week or next, I am very excited about getting into the high school (without the cops being called) and helping students in their spiritual walk. High school is such a dark place and such a hard place to be. I have never been, but I have seen what it does to people, and I have heard stories from my sister about it. Not exactly vacation. But God has called us to be lights, and where better than in the dark. Pray that I can lead that group well. I am excited, but nervous - I don't know what I am getting into.
In the last few days, maybe this whole week, I have felt a need to reach my family again. It has been a long time since I have talked with any of them, and I miss them all. I want to be able to give an answer when someone ask how my family is doing. Because, to be honest right now I have no idea. There are 9 people that are in 7 different places at any give time with who knows what going on in their lives. I need to talk with them more often. If anything for sake, to show that I still care. I haven't been a good brother or son the last couple of weeks, and I think that needs to change. The problems lies in the fact that it takes a large chuck of time to call 9 other people. Even if I can't get a hold of everyone, it still takes a while. and if everyone talks for even 10 Mins, there goes an hour and a half. I guess I just need to carve out some time each week to call someone. Maybe 5 one week and 4 the next. I need to figure out something. I can't neglect the sheep God has given me, nor the mission field.
I haven't talked with Rachel for a week - maybe more - and I am not a fan of that. I miss her enough from day to day, but when it goes passed a week it is very hard. We push through it because that is what needs to be done, but I don't enjoy it. I want to share what I have learned that week or what my plans are, and it is not easy when communication is limited. What am I saying though, being able to call someone twice a week plus snail mail is a lot more than some people had only 30 years ago. The other side says that we are crazy for only talking that much. Most people talk everyday, maybe even with video chat and here I am using snail mail. Oh well. I enjoy writing letters as well as getting them. It is pretty old school, but that is just who I am I guess.
I got a text from a close friend of mine early this morning (12:31am). I am very excited to have a skype date with her, or maybe just a phone call. Either way I am excited to see what she has been up to and what God has been teaching her. She is like my little sister and I miss looking after her. She said she wanted to talk, which tugs on my heart and makes me want to help in any way that I can. I hope all is well. If not, I hope Christ can work through me and be of some help.
Blessings from a pilgrim
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.