Saturday, January 7, 2012

Vision casting

As much as I didn't want to I got up to go run this morning. Nothing spectacular, but it was a good run regardless. During my time running and biking are some of my best thoughts. I have nothing else to besides look at the road and remember to keep breathing, so it provides for some good thinking and reflection. I will share with you the one that I had this morning.

The thought is: I will only go as far as I cast my vision

Before I even started running I had to decide how far I would go and what route I would take. It was then that I realized that I would go as far as I planned to go - and not much further. If I planned to run 1.5 miles, that would be all the further I would go. If I planned to fun 3 miles. I would run 3 miles... Granted, for some people it is different and they can just keep running. But for me, I need to set a vision for myself instead of just going till I get tried (which isn't very far). That is what I did, I set out to run around the neighborhood and then ran around the neighborhood. This all seems rather simple, but the real importance of this find is in the spiritual aspect.

As I look at my own spiritual growth and spirituality in general, I notice that I approach it the same way I approached running. I will only push myself until I get tired or found something else to do, and with this weak flesh it isn't long before I give in. So, much like running this morning, I need to cast a vision that exceeds my ability and then chase after it in the power of the Holy Spirit. If I continue to set my goals only as far as I am able I will not grow or be challenged.

That is about as far as the thought got.

Blessings
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.