A while back I wrote about an experiment that I was going to try called the 60-60 experiment. The idea is that you spend time with God every 60 minutes for 60 days. 60-60. The experiment is based off of the true vine passage found in John 15 which deals with abiding with Christ. The concept of the experiment is to see how much a person grows/changes/learns/etc by living life with God and interacting with Him throughout the day. Living out what John 15 says.
I just finished my 60 days on the 19th I think it was, or somewhere close to there. It was more of an experience than an experiment I would says. I learned so much about myself, others and how I interact with them, and a bunch of other things. Personally I think that I have just learned to trust God more because of it. Just like spending time with a real person, you learn to trust them, love them and grow on them, the same is with Christ. By spending time with Him I have learned to trust Him more (see last post, something I would have not done before having done this experiment), and grow on Him. I learn and grow simply by spending time with God, trusting him and obeying his commands.
I wish that I could say that it was easy and enjoyable, but it wasn't at times. A lot of times it was really hard and in a way painful, but being with Christ made it worth it. At times I would say that I would much rather have difficult times and have God with me than have an easy time without Him.
That is all for now. I have a football field to line by Saturday, a family reunion to go to on Saturday and I still haven't showered since Wednesday (I think). Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.