Saturday, August 1, 2009

Yay horay!

I have one more week of 'camp' left in the summer and two more guest groups after that. The end is within sight now. Right around three weeks then I'll be done and head back off to school
for the remainder of the year. I have really enjoyed working at camp this summer, I could not have picked a better job for the summer.

Over the summer I was stretched in ways that I didn't think that I would have been, but from it I grow and it made it all worth it. I now trust God more than I have before in ways that I haven't before. I truly believe that God does provide for our needs in amazing ways if we dare to trust him with our needs. I have done just that, and the outcome of trusting God is almost unbelievable. Trusting God wasn't the most comfortable things though, nor the most rational. I was told by a few different people that what I was/am doing is not the more educated choice I have ever made.

Trusting God is to go beyond what is comfortable and waiting just that extra day for God to provide. If we fall to wait then we lose out on God's blessings and the life that He promises to those that trust him.

Just look at 1 Samuel 13:
Saul was told to wait for Samuel to sacrifice on the on the day that Samuel told him. Saul waited and waited and waited, but Samuel never showed up. Saul got anxious and made the sacrifice without Samuel and it was just then that Samuel showed up. Samuel asked, "What have you done?" Saul in essence says "I got nervous, and it didn't look like it would work out." Samuel says that Saul acted foolishly and because he didn't trust and obey the commands of the Lord the kingdom was taken from him.

In the same way I had to trust God. I had payments to make and I didn't know where I was going to get the money. I wasn't going to ask my parents for money, nor was I going to barrow any more. I trusted that God would provide if I truly needed to ake the payments, and He did. Turns out the money was right there and I never knew it. God provided. Even if He didn't I would be okay with it, but to see Him provide is remarkable. Unbelievable really.

The reason for the yay horay is just that, God provided. I was about a hundred dollars short for making my payment and it was just then that I noticed a printing error in my checks. I asked about them and they were about ten dollars off. Over twelve weeks, ten dollars a week makes more then what I need. I didn't even know what to do. I was awstruck but what God did. Praise be to the God that takes care of all our needs (not desires)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.