Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer is over

Hello everyone. My summer is basically over with now. I have about twelve days left of work and then I head back out to school. I am really looking forward to school but at the same time I am somewhat scared. The load that I will be taking this fall is a little larger than I was planing for and it is making me kind of nervous, I don't want to fail anything.

I was talking with a friend of my today about what we had learned over the summer. I think it is a good idea to look back on things and try to articulate what was learned from the experience. So, I am inviting you to join me as I tell of what I had learned this summer.

I think over all, the biggest thing that I learned (and still am learning to do) is to trust God. With big things, little things. Everything. Like I have said in other post I have been read Soul Revolution, and one of the chapters is about taking risk and trusting God. It was about that time that I knew that I wasn't going to have enough money to go back to school. I simply wasn't making enough. It logically wasn't going to happen, there was no way. 
Meanwhile, as I deal with the logical contradictions of going to a school that I can't pay for, I had a good conversation with a friend about the subject. He was telling me about his experience about going through college without money and also how he sent his two kids through college and ended without any debts. It was greatly encouraging to know that God is working and providing in that situation, because I knew that God could do the same for me. I had to trust Him though.
As the summer drew on and bills were starting to come I started to do some math. I was short by a fairly large amount of money, but I continued to trust that if God truly wanted me to go to school He would grant me enough money to go back. I even prayed for enough money to go back (I'm not sure if that was right,but I did it anyways - I don't think God mined that much). All summer I noticed that I was being paid a little less than I thought I should, so just this last week I asked about it. Turns out I was being paid short ten dollars every week all summer, making for about another weeks pay check, making enough for me to go back to school. Praise God. I guess I need to go to school, because He provided enough for me to go.
One week I was short on staff for what I needed to do, I didn't know how it was going to work out, there was just no way. That morning when I needed help my brother showed up randomly. I was blown away. God provided the hands that I needed to complete the job.
These were just some incidents where God showed His grace and provided for me. Other times He would give me energy, sleep, rest, people, time. All summer I would have to trust that God would give me enough to make it through the week. He did. It isn't easy to trust Him like this, but it is what we as Christians are called to do. Walk by faith and trust in God and not the logic and reasoning that this world gives us. 

Random quote from my sister: "PEOPLE ARE STUPID." Remember this all your life, it will help you a lot.

The summer was a lot harder for me than I thought it was going to be, but it was what I needed. I learned a lot and had some fun in the process. Thanks for those that have been praying for me over the course of the summer, it means more than I know.

I will continue to blog at school and wherever I end up. Everything from my dentist appointments to the great things that God is doing in my life. 

Thanks for reading
~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.