Hey,
This makes two updates in two weeks, which is better than I have been doing lately with school.
Last update was very brief and rushed I felt, and so I would like to be more careful when writing this one. To do that I am going to start before the weekend that I would like to post it. I would like to have it done by Friday afternoon, not Saturday morning.
My week has gone well, from what I can remember of it. It seems like each day just blends into the next, and each week is a continuation of the first, and that time in general is going very fast. I noticed this when I realized I didn't know what week of school it was. That is pretty bad considering that it has only been three weeks as of the end of today. This lack of observation might be the result of having a busy schedule.
Speaking of schedule, I think mine will get easier as the semester progresses. Most of my assignments are within the first eight weeks I am pretty sure, and then they start trickling off. By thanksgiving I don't think I have any assignments due other than a test of something small. I think an online quiz is the biggest thing that I have after thanksgiving – I don't even have exams in more than half my classes. I am incredibly thankful for that.
I am also incredibly thankful for a guy that is taking some of my hours for work during the week. At first I was overwhelmed by the work that I was doing during the week, then I was thankful for the check that I got for working, then I was overwhelmed again because homework started. But I see this as a God thing, that Tony would start working as soon as I need some extra time to get things done during the week. More than that, I think I will be able to pick up sub shifts over the weekend to make up for the lost of time during the week. I think that is pretty cool.
It is getting colder here, fall is just around the corner. With that is the end of biking season, which is very saddening. I think that I'll be able to get about two more rides in if weather permits. I would like to get 1200 miles on my bike for the summer, but that all depends on the weather over the next few weekends. I am pretty happy with having 1000 miles, but I surly wouldn't mind more. What I do what more of is time spent with the guys who go biking, hopefully to have some good conversations.
Youth group went really well this Wednesday! The lesson itself was somewhat of a flop at best, but the discussion that happened afterward was very valuable. The female leaders and students went off and talked, and since there were not guy students the guy leaders just talked. We were able to discuss the structure of the youth group and it's effectiveness, and make suggestion for changes that might help. It ended up being a very helpful meeting that I think everyone profited from.
That is about it when it comes to highlights from the week. It is interesting to think that non of those things that happened this week I planned in the least, and yet all of them had importance to my week. I am excited and nervous to thing what this next week will hold. I'll give you a glimpse at what I have planned, and then next weekend I'll tell you what God had planned – because most of the time they aren't exactly the same.
Saturday Sept 11:
Bike ride 9-12 or Meeting for class 9-10
Meeting? 12-1
Homework 1-5
Date with Rachel 5-8
Homework 8-sleep
Sunday:
Church 9-12
Homework 1-3
Work in Kitchen 3-6
Homework 6-10
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: I have a exam to turn in on Wednesday
Wake/Devos 5-7
Homework/breakfast 7-8
Class/chapel 8-11
Lunch/work/class 11-1 (Friday Lunch with Rachel)
Homework/class 1-3
Work in kitchen 3-7 (Except Wednesday for youth group 6:30-9:30)
Work maintenance after work/youth group
Homework until sleep around 11
Tuesday/Thursday: I have an online quiz that I have to take before Thursday
Wake/Devos 5-7
Homework/breakfast 7-8:30
Class/chapel 8:30-1
(Tuesdays) Meeting with Dr Wilhite about Class 1-2
(Thursday) Lunch 1-130
Homework 1:30-3
Work in kitchen 3-7
Work maintenance 7-8
Homework 8-10
(Tuesday) Dorm meeting 10:30-11:15
Sleep 11:30 (hopefully)
Busy week ahead of me as you can see, all of which I get through by God's grace and prayer. Here are some things (if you desire to do so) can you pray for:
Youth Group progresses toward effectiveness in outreach
That I would have patience to deal with people even when I am tired
That I would be a good leader and care for Rachel sacrificially
Pastor Tim Vine: he is moving this weekend
That I would humbly rely on God to get me through each day
HOLY COW, I'm surprised you haven't dropped dead from such a schedule! That is INSANE. Be praying for you, VanString.
ReplyDelete