Thursday, September 16, 2010

Update Sept 18th

Hey

Thank you for reading this letter and for praying for the situations that I find myself in, it is very appreciated – I really do thank you. Also, it is really nice just to let everyone know how I am doing without having to call everyone or Facebook everyone. I do apologize for the generalization of my letter, but I do end up sending this to lots of different people and it is somewhat necessary,

Anyways, thank you again, especially this week. Blah! I have had a long week. At the beginning of this semester I was given the chance to do an event for youth group, and I took it. The catch is the date was only three weeks away(Sept 25th)! Meaning that I needed to plan, advertise and organize people around this event in less than three weeks in order for it to work. On top of planing the event I work about 25-30 hours a week and go to school full time, making a very stressful situation. I wanted to do the event later, but that didn't work out in the discussion. I ended up taking the date and trying to get everything together while doing everything else, then only after pushing for this and stressing about this for two weeks do I find out that it is very unlikely that it can even work. Most of the leaders can be there and most of the teens that we have can't be there either. Right now I am waiting to hear back from my youth director about moving the date back, hopefully he will agree and move it into October at the very least.

Despite this rough week of planing, we had a great time at youth group this week. We didn't play dodge ball but instead mixed it up with other games that I think the teens really enjoyed. We made a lot of progress getting to know the teens just by playing these games I am going to try and introduce new games until we get a good mixture of what the teens like. I really want to get games that build relationships between the teens and the leaders.

Other news that might be of concerns for you: I was presented with a chance to go down to south Africa next semester as a intern of sorts. I haven't decided if I am going to take the offer or not. That would definitely be something to pray about as I consider the option. I would love to go, but I also really want to stay and work with my youth group here. I think that if God wants me to get there he will provide a way and the desire to do so.

Oh, I just remembered, I am teaching a class here in about a week. I will be presenting my youth group project that I am/will be working on for the next few weeks along with where I want to take the youth group over my stay here. Things I want to see changed and how to do that as a leader. This is going to be something new for me and I just hope that it goes well.

I have to teach youth group on Wednesday, I am pretty excited about that. I just hope that I have enough time to be prepared for it. I want to provide for more discussion than normal. Prayer for that would be preciated.

On top of these things, I really miss my family. My little sisters especially. God answered my prayers with a yes this time and is giving me a chance to go home at the end of next month. I am really looking forward to just getting home and hanging out with my sisters. Pray that everything works out and then they are home when I am. That really depends on what God is planing though. I'll let you know what I am planing for the next week

Saturday Sept 18:

Bike ride 9-12?

Date with Rachel 5-8


Sunday:

Church 9-12


Monday/Wednesday/Friday:

Wake/Devos 5-7

Homework/breakfast 7-8

Class/chapel 8-11

Lunch/work/class 11-1 (Friday Lunch with Rachel)

Homework/class 1-3

Work in kitchen 3-7 (Except Wednesday for youth group 6:30-9:30)

Work maintenance after work/youth group

sleep around 11


Tuesday/Thursday:

Wake/Devos 5-7

Homework/breakfast 7-8:30

Class/chapel 8:30-1

(Tuesdays) Meeting with Dr Wilhite about Class 1-2

(Thursday) Lunch 1-130

Homework 1:30-3

Work in kitchen 3-7

Work maintenance 7-8

Homework 8-10

(Tuesday) Dorm meeting 10:30-11:15

Sleep 11:30 (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.