I wish there was a why to bring you into the conversations that I have with my sisters who are at home. Not that I want you to be sorry for us or that I wish to cast my burden on you, but so that you could see the hope Christ brings to my younger siblings. I am convinced that if not for Christ our lives as the younger siblings would be drastically different that they are now, we would all be very different people. Some of us might not even be here. I know that I have thought on more than once occasion that death would be easier than life. Yet the by God's great grace I am here today trying my best to keep everyone else here too. I understand what Paul was saying when he said that it is better to with the Lord than it remain, yet for the sake of others he stayed.
I am not saying that the only reason that I stay is because of others, but that is why I continue to pursue my family and my parents. If not for my sisters I might have left my parents high and dry by now. Yet the Love of Christ compels me to strive with them and minister to them.
Rachel and I talk last night about the coming semester and what it looks like for either of us. We realized that this is going to be a hard transitional semester for us in which a lot of change must take place. We aren't kids any more nor can we hide behind this school much longer. For me this semester means that I work at becoming able to support myself with a job that is leading to a career. I need to stop having a job for a jobs sake and start to be strategic about where I work and the ministries that I am involved. I cannot speak for Rachel, but from my understand it is also a big transition for her, one of trusting God. She does not know where this semester will lead her and that is scary for her. She understands that she has to stop what she is doing, but she does not know what she has to start. Much like when God gives us a command saying, "don't do this, but do this" Rachel is on the comma right now - waiting to see where God will lead her.
Both Rachel and I am a lot more time on our hands then past semester and we both are looking forward to purposefully using that time to grow or help others grow. I am greatly looking forward to what this semester will bring and more importantly where it will bring me.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.