Thursday, January 20, 2011

She is salt

I had the chance to talk with my little sister today - very encouraging and yet heart breaking.

She is trying very hard to be home as little as possible due to the fighting from my parents and the constant tension that exist between everyone that is home. Also it is just way more fun to be out of the house and doing stuff rather than being at home.

Home from her perspective is strange - she doesn't want the divorce but she understands that it might be necessary to get anything accomplished at home or with the relationships involved there. It was also interesting to hear her perspective of Dad and how he has changed from even considering the possibility of divorce. She says for the first time that she can remember she is able to talk with Dad and have a conversation without being scared. They are starting to plan dinner and have chores (cleaning, cooking, yard work, etc.) For most this seems unpleasant, but for those of us who have never had a relationship with our parents, nor had parents who have had any desire to influence their kids - this is great!

I wrote in my journal over break when I was home that I would love to have parents that spanked me or made me do things around the house. But there was little concern that led to action in the area of parent/child relationships.

Enough with the sap-story. My sister was also telling me about what is going on at school and I am blown away. I go to a bible college and I have never seen this kind of faith put into action. She desires to be salt and light in her school and is taking action to do so. She wants to be an influence to those around her and won't let the school system stand in her way. She desires to fear and obey God and is doing so quiet well. She is respecting her teachers even when they deny God, she doesn't complain even when she (I think) has some reason, nor is she doing slopping work because she knows she is working for God. She has the chance to influence the lives of girls around her, both believer and unbeliever, the moral and amoral. She is salt.

Pray for her, that she would receive wisdom and encouragement. She has the chance to talk with a girl that is about to get an abortion at the age of 15. She wants to shower her with the love of Christ but really doesn't know how. The girl is not a friend of my sister and has little interaction, but my sister is determined to reach out.

Pray for me as I try my best to be an encouragement to my family - parents and siblings. Wisdom to know what to say and when it say it if at all. Also the energy to get all my assignments done on time while dealing with the stress of what is going on at home and here at school. Finally for me, pray about a youth ministry internship option that I have coming up in two weeks. I have to apply and have an interview still, but it looks promising. I need to work out some school stuff here, and it may not work but I would like to try.

That is all the news from the front

Later

1 comment:

  1. I'm certainly praying for you guys Jeremy. It's hard to read the updates... you guys have amazing faith.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.