Sunday, August 28, 2011

Solo Day report

It is very hard to really describe what took place during my solo day, mostly because so little seemed to happen. I rode my bike to a nearby waterfall and parked there for five hours and sat there. Or that is what it would look like from the onlooking world. At times I read my bible or the book that Rick gave me, but most of my time was spent just thinking, praying and writing. Doing nothing but this for five hours did something that I didn't expect. I enjoyed it.

If I were to say I learned one thing for sure from my solo day it would how to properly take a day off. Most every day that I have "taken off" I end up working anyways in some way or another. Not this time. Whenever I thought about doing something I remembered I was told to take a day to myself and rest before the school year kicked off. I didn't argue with the idea. I did however struggle with thinking that I am being lazy by taking a whole day to myself. I believe this what happens when I confuse American success and Christian success. 

The America in me say: business and full schedule = important and successful. On the flip side, Christian says: Unbusy, restful and peaceful soul seeking God = desire to pursue God and grow in Christ likeness - aka successful. It is a very different mindset for me, and I think one that will take just as much "work" to maintain. I am going to have to fight off the desire to work or fill my schedule with "busy" and instead replace it will pursuing God. Following Christ in taking hours, or even days to seek God in prayer, meditation, and peaceful reflection.

Pray for a friend of mine, Jack. He was put in ICU for bleeding in the brain the other day. They caught it early enough that it might not be a problem, but they are still looking for pray from the family of Christ. I could fill the page with other request, but instead I ask that you would pray that I would learn to trust God before I trust myself. May His peace fill us all with a joy that is inexpressible for that day when comes. Praise the Lord, for He alone is good.

Blessings from a pilgrim
Later

Below are some pictures that I took with my phone on my solo day. It was an after thought, so I don't really have that many and they aren't that good either.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.