I almost cannot believe it, but in the next 10 days I should be done with college. I have one more paper to write for my Literature class and a few papers to write for my Grad class (that I forgot about) and then I am done. The Grad papers shouldn't be so hard, I have to write about what I have done during my internship and some of the things that I have learned in light of it. The trick for me is getting my thoughts organized into Grad paper format. I have hard enough time dealing with normal College, I cannot even imagine what full-time Grad work would be like. One class is enough for me.
Once I am done with School I am going to finish planning my trip to see Rachel for Christmas. It isn't a long trip and that is why I would like to has some kind of plan. I would hate to waste any time while I am done there trying to figure out what we are going to do. I would be okay wasting time hanging out though, and that is why a plan is important. Enough about that for now, I will work on that more once school is done... almost done.
This past week has been fairly uneventful if you ask me. I did some Christmas shopping, not a whole lot of buying though, and met with a few students throughout the week. Otherwise I have been cranking away on homework to finish up with my classes.
On Tuesday I met with Anthony and he helped me go shopping. But like I said, we didn't buy anything. He thought it was a great time though, and I really enjoyed having him with me. He kept me from buying things that I didn't need. For me, that is a very important task. Wednesday Kyle and I had small group, and it was very small. Only one student showed up. So Kyle invited his girlfriend over and we played cards and ate Pizza - it was a great time. I would almost be okay with doing that every time and we could talk about what we learned during the game. It is an idea at least.
Thursday I met with Joe D about the after school program that he helps lead. I help him come up with a lesson outline and give him some ideas then just let me do the rest. Since it is in the school I can't really lead anything, but that is not to say I cannot help someone else lead the group. I think Joe does a better job anyways, but that is a personal opinion.
Friday and Saturday I worked at the restaurant. One thing that I did this week is stay later and help someone. I don't normally get a chance to talk with people because I am busy running food or busing tables, but people are eager to talk once they are doing their side work. I don't know if I'll be able to keep doing that, but I am going to try and get to know the people. I think everyone has something to talk about, but not everyone has someone to listen to them. I hope that I can be that person.
Sunday is always a long day, but usually a good day. Also, Sunday is the Day that Rachel calls, which always makes for a better day. On top of that I got free lunch yesterday, always a plus. I also got some information to start planning for my next trip out to BBC. I might be bringing students to come visit the college and so I am trying to figure out how to make it a good trip and use all six hours wisely. I also have to figure out the different cost and legal hoops that I have to work with. But that is all part of the planning process. I think I am learning more about myself than I am teaching others from this whole internship.
Blessings y'all (I have to practice for when I go down south for Christmas)
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.