The average 22 year old has spent the majority of his life in some kind of educational institution, for some that is all they know about life. Starting as early as they are able and going until they graduate college, that is their life. They finish college and then what? I don't really know, but you are welcome to come along with me to find out, I hope their is adventure!
A lot of people that I talk to say they are really glad to be done with college and get on with life, but I will be honest and say that I enjoyed it. I don't know that I will miss the papers or homework, definitely not the school bill each month, but the people. A person makes the strongest relationships during the four years at college, some of them will last a lifetime, all of them will be missed. Just thinking about them is making me want to go visit each of them and talk the night away like we would in the dorms. Or all the nicknames... my word. And the stories that took place between the hours of 10:30pm and 2am. Haha, graduating is proof enough of God's grace for me. Good friends and great times.
Just like starting a new chapter in a good book when you don't know what is going to happen - I am starting a new chapter in my life and I have no clue what is next. I mean, I have a plan and some ideas, but what God has in store for me I will find out as it comes. But since you asked, I will share some of the plan that I have working so far.
My internship will continue another five months, until the end of May and then I am free to move about where I wish. During those five months I need to get my act together and send out resumes and applications to everyone I know that might know someone. I will send my resume through people instead of internet sites, I have heard that there is much higher success rates doing it that way. It is completely up to God where I end up, but if I had my choice I would like to move somewhere I haven't been before. I would be okay with Utah, Colorado, or basically anywhere with mountains. Being close to Rachel would be a plus too, I sure do like her.
If God sees fit that I should find a job than I start the adventure of meeting new people and getting settling into a new environment. I am still working on a integration plan to make the most of those first months of a new job. That is always the most challenging part for me - getting to know people and rebuild a social life. But that is part of the experience I hear, and I am okay with that. Then there is finding a place to stay! So much to do, and all of it will likely happen within the next year. I am so excited!
Before I launch into this next chapter of life I have Christmas break, and I am going to enjoy it. I leave Tuesday and get back the following Wednesday with only one goal in mind. Spend time with Rachel (her family too) and have a wonderful Christmas. I can hardly wait.
Blessings from a pilgrim
Later
If God sees fit that I should find a job than I start the adventure of meeting new people and getting settling into a new environment. I am still working on a integration plan to make the most of those first months of a new job. That is always the most challenging part for me - getting to know people and rebuild a social life. But that is part of the experience I hear, and I am okay with that. Then there is finding a place to stay! So much to do, and all of it will likely happen within the next year. I am so excited!
Before I launch into this next chapter of life I have Christmas break, and I am going to enjoy it. I leave Tuesday and get back the following Wednesday with only one goal in mind. Spend time with Rachel (her family too) and have a wonderful Christmas. I can hardly wait.
Blessings from a pilgrim
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.