Chris and I met this morning for our normal 6am Starbucks smoothies. Normally we talk about whatever upcoming weeks holds, this time it included a situation he has a work with a co-worker. His co-worker is going through a really rough time with a close friend on his death bed, so he went to Chris for advice about what to say. Chris, being the person that he is, said honestly to his coworker that he won't be much help until he can help himself. Spiritually speaking that is. Chris took him out for lunch and talk over the situation with him and prayed for him, opened the door for more conversation.
When we met this morning Chris and I looked up different verses to share with someone as kind of first steps with someone. We came up with verses like John 3:16, Romans 3:23, and a few others. Another friend we meet with came up with a lot more too. It gave Chris a good place to start when he shares with his co-worker.
As we were looking for different verses to share with a new christian or someone who is not, John Chapter 3 and 4 came to mind. Chapter 3 is Jesus interaction with a highly religious leader who knew all the answers, chapter four is about a woman who is far from "righteous" by normal standards. In both situations the person is looking for some kind of spiritual life, a satisfaction and peace. When they ask Jesus he gives an answer, it is the same for both situations - He is the answer. I know it sounds corny, but it really is the answer.
When I am the high standard religious person, Christ is the rest from my works because I would never be able to do enough to gain His grace. When I am the spiritual rebel and am far from God, I can know that Christ is my forgiveness and grace. Wherever and whoever I am, Christ is the answer. Two situations, one answer
Blessings from a pilgrim
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.