I don't really know what Rachel did this morning when I woke up, nor what she was doing when I ate breakfast this morning. I do know that she found a computer at some point though and sent me an email. She told me a little about her experiences and how she misses me. I thought that was cool.
I also know that she is having a great time because of the pictures that I received of them. They are all having an absolutely wonderful time ministering to the people down there and worshiping God together. She said the team is really growing close together. She is really enjoying herself. I am glad for that.
These are just some of the pictures that the group shared on Facebook. Rachel tells me she has so many more, and stories to go with each of them. I can hardly wait to hear them.
The hardest part about Rachel being gone is obviously not being able to communicate. But that is only made worse when there is so much that needs to be communicated about and she isn't around. My week has been filled with lots of decisions and new experiences that just aren't the same without her here. Learning just isn't as much fun when you don't experience it together. I imagine she is thinking the same while down in South Africa.
I'll tell you what, though, these pictures and the email came at just the right time. They are an encouragement to continue to pray and ask God to do wonderful things through the team. It is also just really nice to see her face and what she is experience down there. Get a glimpse of what is happening down there. I don't know how else to explain the feeling/effect. They are just comforting and bring a smile to my face.
Speaking of smiles... I just got handed another note :)
Never mind, Kyle. You aren't so bad after all. Even if you are holding all the other notes above my head as I type this blog... Stinking Kyle.
Blessings from a pilgrim in progress.
Later




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.