I must say, I would have thought that I died based on how much I post on this thing. It feels like I have been at times. Waking up at 2, working 3-7am then again from 9-5pm then back to sleep by 7:30 to wake up again. With that kind of schedule I would rather be dead sometimes - not really.
An update:
By this time next week Rachel and I will have officially graduated from college. I will be on my way back home to finish the last two weeks of my internship, Rachel will be heading home to the summer for the last time as a single woman. Both of us will be in high gear for wedding planning. We will also be working to minimize our belongings to make it easier to move to where God provides a job.
Also during the next week Rachel and I have our last pre-marital meeting, she will have her senior recital, and our parents will meet for the first time. That last one is enough of an event to last me a while. It stresses me out just thinking about it. But it will be good for them to meet and have a chance to get to know each other before their son and daughter get married. It only seems fair.
A few weeks ago Rachel and I began to talk about what we need before we get married. Rachel and I are tight on money, as most college graduates are. I am not worried because I have seen God provide in the past and I know He is able to do it again. Rachel hasn't experienced that yet, and she questioned how God would provide for our needs as we get closer to getting married. "Is He going to send us random checks in the mail with money on them?" was how she thought it might work out. Only a week or so later that very thing happened. She got a check for graduation.
This morning I am sitting in a church sermon about the favor of God - undeserved/unexplained favorable acts from God. I get a message from Rachel commenting about the check she had received. She wanted to know if I remember the amount. I did. She messages back saying she had the wrong decimal place and it was for 10 times as much as we thought at first! Both her and I were blow away at how God provided right in front of us exactly when we needed it. I replied back to Rachel saying, "I knew God had something up his sleeve. He is incredible!" I could hardly believe it, but I don't doubt it. I guess that would be considered the favor of God...
Blessings from a favored pilgrim,
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.