When I think about everything that lead up to us making the decision, there wasn't a lot of thinking or organizing that took place. Everything just kind of fell into place and we just watched God do His think. It was incredible. Every conversation went smoothly, every dollar was in place when we needed it, and that isn't even the half of it. There are events that took place long before Rachel and I even met that are taking part in what God is doing through us today as we prepare for China. God is so darn cool!
Even though everything is going very well, it isn't perfect. Right now some of the hardest things we are dealing with - as to be expected - is not being in the states for certain events. We are going to miss birthdays, graduations, possibly a few weddings, and who knows what else. I guess I didn't realize that going to China also meant leaving everything else. That is the calling though, to leave everything - friends, family and possessions to follow him wherever he leads. So, that is what we are doing.
Today I realized that very concept as I packed my car to make sure I had gotten rid of enough stuff so it would all fit. It does. Though all of it fit in the car, not all of it will fit into two bags on our flight to Shanghai. With only room for two bags each (200lbs total), I am going to have to leave even more with family and friends while I am gone (I hope they take care of my bikes and books). It is hard to decide what to keep and what to leave. Though, I admit is so freeing to be able to move in one car load.
I'll be honest, am not sure how things whole update things is going to work. I don't know how much information we are allowed to share and how wise it would be to share once we get into China. I know that some places are a little rougher than others and we might have to be careful. I don't think our area is one of them, but I haven't been there yet. So, for right now I am taking advantage of my freedoms.
Some things we could use prayer for:
- Wisdom as we decide what to do about the events that we might miss in China
- Rachel as she finishes up all the wedding plans over the summer while also trying to leave the country
- Me, as I say "see you later" to friends, finish up work and the remaining events of the internship
- Our friends in China as they prepare for us - I don't think they know what they are inviting into their country.
- Rachel and I - Neither of us have never been to china or married before, and we are going to try and do both. At the same time!
Blessings from a, soon to be, international pilgrim
Later
Im so excited to hear someday about this adventure your about to go on for God! God speed to both of you, I'll be praying
ReplyDelete