Sunday, May 13, 2012

English?

There is truly no way I can explain everything that has happened over the last month that placed Rachel and I where we are today. There is even less of a chance that I would be able to articulate how God has moved in every situation so perfectly that Rachel and I are left speechless after each event takes place. With that said, I am going to try and explain the impossible.

As I near the end of my internship it only seems logical that I begin looking for a job. This proved to be much harder than I realized when, after months of looking for a job, nothing came back after or even showed possibility. I knew that God would provide something for us, though at this point fear is setting in. I set out a networking letter to friends and family at any hope of finding a job and getting things in place before the wedding. February, March, and into April - Nothing.

During those months Rachel and I prayed that God would provide the perfect job for us. We prayed that He would lead us to a job that would use of abilities and be something that we would enjoy. The more we thought and prayed, the more we did not want a normal job. Rachel even began to pray for me not to get a nice youth ministry job because it would be too easy for us. Without knowing it, I prayed for the same.

April 12th, I got a unexpected email from a friend, teaching English in China. At this point he is visiting his fiancee's cousin at another English school in China. He mentions that they are looking for English teachers and if I am interested I could contact her for more information. So, after a day to pray and think about it, I did just that. I shot her an email and started us on our way to China.

Over the course of that weekend we exchanged emails over twenty times and tried to figure out of this would even be possible. By Monday we had set up an interview time for Wednesday via Skype. Throughout the course of the week Rachel and I never left a state of shock because this might actually happen (We thought it made sense for our friends to do something like this or other people, but not for Rachel and I). By the time the interview was over we told them we would be willing to take the position if they accepted us.

That following Monday morning Rachel and I received our confirmation email that we had been accepted for the position of English teachers in China!

The weeks that followed after Rachel and I worked out the details, of what it would take and how to make this a reality this coming fall. It was then I realized that we would not only be getting married, but we would also be preparing to leave the country for an indefinite period of time. --Most people get married. Some people leave the country. But you would have to be crazy to do both?! We are so excited!

Blessings from a pilgrim
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.